This webinar will show you the practical steps to take to develop your food product business. You will learn what to consider for your business plan; where to find funding, packagers, equipment, and ingredients suppliers; what you need to do before you start selling your food product; why insurance is especially important in the food product industry; and, how to find customers and get your food product in front of consumers. By the end of this presentation, you will understand the groundwork to launch your business and know what to do every step of the way.
What you will learn:
• What do I need to consider when planning my food product small business?
• Where should I find funding?
• Where do I get my equipment and ingredients?
• How do I find someone to package my food product?
• What licensing and regulatory requirements apply to my small business?
• Why do I need insurance when selling food products?
• How do I get my product "out there"?
• What if I am selling an organic product? Do I need to take any special steps?
• Now that my food product business is launched, what do I do each day?
Join us to learn all about how to start a food product business.
Nicole Haney quit her corporate job in 2015 to start a health food bakery - without any business education or experience in the food industry. In just 4 years, she scaled a tiny farmer’s market bakery to a national energy bar business serving hundreds of retailers across Canada, including grocery store chains. In 2019, she was named one of the Top 20 Under 40 for her business accomplishments.
Having built a six figure national brand, Nicole is now a Business Coach, Speaker, and Professor, and is incredibly passionate about helping others embrace their dreams and pursue their goals.