The Municipal Act allows municipalities to determine which businesses require an operating license. Depending on the type of licence, approvals from other departments and agencies may be required. Licensing Inspectors are on the streets daily to seek out unlicensed vehicles, unlicensed businesses, and monitor licensed mobile and stationary businesses.

Key Updates and Information

Driver/Operator Licensing

A new online process for Driver/Operator licensing applications and renewals has been implemented. The online application process and form is now available. Requests for licences and renewals will only be accepted through the online application process.​

New requirements for Driveway Paving Contractors

​New requirements are now in effect for Driveway Paving Contractors. Visit the Driveway Paving page​ for more information.​​

Mobile Licensing

Limousine, Tow Trucks, Driving Schools, Taxi, Refreshment Vehicles, PTC

Lottery Licensing

Lottery licences or gaming permits to eligible charitable or non-profit organizations

Business Licensing

Stationary Business Licensing, Adult Entertainment Establishment and Short-term Rental Licensing Information


Not sure about which permits and licences your business operations require? Start here.

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact By-law Enforcement

  • Flower City Community Campus
  • 8850 McLaughlin Road South, Unit 2
  • Brampton, ON L6Y 5T1
  • Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
  • Phone: Dial 3-1-1 (within City limits)
  • 905.874.2000 (outside City limits)
  • 905.874.2130 (Teletypewriter or Text Telephone)

Contact the City Clerk's Office

  • Brampton City Hall
  • 2 Wellington Street West
  • Brampton, ON L6Y 4R2

Southwest corner of Main and Queen

  • Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
  • Phone:
  • 905.874.2551 (lottery inquiries)
  • 905.874.2580 (stationary business inquiries)
  • 905.874.2130 (Teletypewriter or Text Telephone)