Stationary Business Licensing

​Due to unforeseen circumstances in relation to the current health crisis, City Hall is closed until
further notice.  We will be monitoring the email, so please feel free to contact us via that means.

Stationary Business Licences

The City is currently processing Stationary Business Licence applications and renewals during the City Hall closure. Please contact our office via email for an application package or for any inquiries. 

Adult Entertainment Establishment Licences

The City is currently processing Adult Entertainment Establishment Licence applications and renewals during the City Hall closure. Please contact our office via email for an application package or for any inquiries. Licences will be issued and renewed by appointment only. To book an appointment, please click here

Please note, for an optimal experience, we recommend using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari (Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported).

Payday Loan Licences

To apply for a payday loan licence, please complete the application form​


Applications for stationary business licences are received and processed by an Administration Clerk in the Licensing Administration Office in the City Clerk's Office, on the first floor of City Hall. 

The City of Brampton licenses more than thirty types of stationary businesses. In the link to Stationary Business Licences Requirements below, you will find fees and renewal information. 

Depending on the type of licence, approvals from other departments and agencies may be required.  You will find that type of information in BizPaL.   The same list suggests search terms to help you find the BizPaL categories with more information related to your licence application.

New Applicants - The first step is to submit your completed application to the Zoning Section of the Planning, Design and Development Department for review and approval.  Zoning approval normally takes 5 business days.

All Applicants - You must provide proof of insurance in the form required.

License fees are payable when the completed application is submitted to the City Clerk's Office, along with all required forms and approvals. The fees are not pro-rated.

By-law 114-2017 refers to Adult Entertainment Business, Body-Rub Business, and Adult Merchandise Business only.

All other Stationary Business Licences are included in by-law 332-2013.

  Stationary Business Licences Requirements


Applications for stationary business licenses are issued by an Administrative Clerk in the Licensing Administration Office in the City Clerk’s Office on the first floor of Brampton City Hall.

The Licensing Enforcement team of the City of Brampton's Enforcement and By-Law Services Division provides a layer of protection for consumers by regulating and monitoring business operators to ensure that stationary businesses operating in Brampton meet all standards of governing by-laws.

Following the issuance of the license, the Licensing Enforcement team begins monitoring businesses, enforcing the City's by-laws and taking action relating to citizen queries and issues.

In addition to regulating licensed businesses, the Licensing Enforcement team patrols the City to identify unlicensed operators. Holding a valid Brampton stationary business license is imperative to ensure businesses accord with by-law standards. Without a license, there are no regulations or assurance of adherence to standards.


Queries and concerns can be submitted in person, by telephone, by regular mail or by email, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Every effort will be made to respond on the next business day to emails received after regular business hours.

Stationary business license queries can be submitted at City Hall and enforcement concerns can be submitted at the Enforcement and By-Law Services Division.​​​


City Clerk’s Office

​Brampton City Hall,
2 Wellington Street West
Brampton, Ontario L6Y 4R2 

Southwest corner of Main and Queen Streets
905-874-2551 (lottery)
905-874-2580 (stationary business)
TTY: 905-874-2130

Enforcement and By-law Services

​​8850 McLaughlin Road S., Unit #2
Brampton, Ontario  L6Y 5T1
Southwest corner of
Queen Street West and McLaughlin Road South
(905) 458-3424 (mobile)
TTY – (905) 874-2130