The Cultural Services Division provides strategic leadership and project management for municipal cultural development in Brampton and is guided by the Council endorsed Culture Master Plan.
Key priorities for the division include:
- Supporting the Arts, Culture and Tourism Cornerstone of the City’s COVID-19 Economic Recovery Strategy.
- Oversight for the start-up and incubation of Brampton’s first Arts, Culture and Creative Industry Development Agency, providing a range of in-demand programs and services in the areas of funding, finance and investment, advocacy, innovation, sector development and growth.
- Management of the Brampton Arts Walk of Fame, one of the City’s key recognition programs, celebrating and building connections with the incredible artistic and creative talent emerging from Brampton, while inspiring the next generation of artists and creators in Brampton to follow in their footsteps.
- Development of Brampton’s non-profit sector, building organizational capacity and administering project grants that support Term of Council Priorities through the Advance Brampton Fund.
- Growing and developing the municipal public art portfolio, contributing to the city’s visual legacy and building Brampton’s identity as a vibrant, creative place for residents, visitors and investment attraction.