The City of Brampton is responsible for the administration and prosecution for provincial offences charges which includes:
- Setting trials,
- Prosecuting certain provincial offences,
- Recording court proceedings, and
- Receiving fine payments resulting from charges laid by the various police forces and enforcement agencies operating within the region.
The City of Brampton enforces the decisions of the court by pursuing collection of unpaid Provincial Offences fines, such as the
- Highway Traffic Act, the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act, the Trespass to Property Act, the Liquor Licence Act, and
- Other provincial legislation, municipal by-laws and minor federal offences.
Remote Court Appearances