The Brampton Urban Design Awards celebrate achievements in design, architecture and landscape architecture. These awards, given out every two years, recognize the creativity and excellence of those who are working to fill Brampton with innovative, high-quality environments.
Projects are submitted in one of eight categories:
- Building - Residential, Commercial, Institutional, Industrial/Employment, Mixed-use
- Heritage Restoration - In-situ Renovation, Restoration, Adaptive Reuse
- New Landscape - Public Space, Park, Stormwater Pond, Valley, Streetscape, Planting Feature
- New Neighbourhood - 50 Acres or more with defined character, Centre, edges and recognition elements
- Concept or Plan - City-endorsed Master Plans, Projects, Studies
- Healthy and Sustainable Development – Sustainable Greenfield Development, Infill, Transit-oriented/Transit-supportive Design, Green Technology
- Project Marketing - Materials promoting high-quality projects in Brampton (brochures, video/web-based presentations, sales pavilions)
- New! Student Projects
In addition, the People’s Choice Award is presented to a project selected by the public from a group of exceptional projects developed or planned in 2017 or 2018.