Holding an event in the City of Brampton is a huge responsibility. As the event organizer for an event where alcohol is being served you have a number of important responsibilities and obligations to ensure the safety of all attendees and event staff during and after an event. These requirements must be met under the Liquor Licence and Control Act ​in conjunction with the City's own Council-mandated Municipal Alcohol Policy​ (MAP).

Both the Liquor Licence Act of Ontario and the MAP govern the serving of alcohol and management of controlled substances on City property. The MAP is designed to assist you with:

  • Promoting the safety and enjoyment of your guests
  • Promoting low-risk drinking
  • Protecting you from potential liability exposure. ​

As an event organizer operating an event serving alcohol on City property, you are required to ensure compliance with:

The following provides you with a step-by-step approach to planning your event:​​


Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our team by email at recreation@brampton.ca​.​