Contribute to a greener Brampton! Help keep batteries out of landfills and give them a second chance. Explore Brampton's battery collection program with convenient drop-off locations across the city.
Batteries contain a variety of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and cobalt. Recycling allows the materials from batteries to be recovered, reused, and safely disposed of, keeping hazardous materials out of our landfills. Visit Raw Materials Company's What's Inside a Battery and Technology for Alkaline Battery Recycling webpages for more information on what batteries are made of and how they're recycled.
Accepted Battery Types
- Standard AA, AAA, C cell, D cell, 6-volt and 9-volt batteries
- Button cell (e.g. batteries from watches, electronics, calculators, etc.)
- Rechargeable batteries
Unacceptable Battery Types
- Automotive batteries
- Industrial batteries
- Leaking/damaged batteries
How to Recycle Batteries Safely
Please ensure that you follow the precautionary measures provided by Raw Materials Company's How to Prepare Your Batteries for Recycling webpage when recycling your batteries at one of our locations below. While most batteries do not require special preparation some types of batteries require special preparation to reduce the risk of short-circuit.
Look for the Battery Recycling Station bin at one of our drop-off locations below!
Battery Drop-off Locations
- Brampton Community Fire & Emergency (129 Gildden Road)
- Brampton Soccer Centre (1495 Sandalwood Parkway West)
- Cassies Campbell Community Centre (1050 Sandalwood Parkway West)
- Century Gardens Recreation Centre (340 Vodden Street East)
- Chinguacousy Wellness Centre (995 Peter Robertson Boulevard)
- Brampton City Hall (2 Wellington Street West)
- Earnscliffe Recreation Centre (44 Eastbourne Drive)
- Four Corners Library (65 Queen Street East)
- Gore Meadows Community Centre & Library (10150 The Gore Road)
- Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre (292 Conestoga Drive)
- Loafer's Lake Recreation Centre (30 Loafers Lake Lane)
- South Fletcher's Sportsplex (500 Ray Lawson Boulevard)
- Mount Pleasant Community Centre (100 Commuter Dr)