Note: On November 16, 2022, City Council approved a Resolution to extend the appointed citizen membership of the current Accessibility Advisory Committee until successors are appointed by City Council. City Councillor Power serves as the appointed Member of Council liaison.
Purpose and Mandate:
Under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, to advise on the preparation of a yearly accessibility plan, including accessibility planning for Brampton Transit; and, to advise Council on the following:
- the accessibility to a building, structure or premises, or part of a building, structure or premises:
accessibility issues relating specifically to Brampton Transit
other Brampton priorities as established by the AAC
any other functions which may be specified by provincial legislation and/or regulation.
- that the City of Brampton purchases, constructs or significantly renovates
- for which the City of Brampton enters into a new lease
- that a person provides as municipal capital facilities under an agreement in accordance with the Municipal Act.
Minimum of 10 and up to 13 members as follows:
- at least seven members who are persons with disabilities as defined by the Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- one Member of Council
- up to five other members of the community with preference being given to parents and/or caregivers of disabled persons