Powers of the Committee:
The Committee of Adjustment operates under the authority of the Planning Act to deal with:
Minor Variances – The Committee of Adjustment may grant a minor variance to any zoning by-law in respect to land, buildings or structures or use thereof.
Consents – The Committee of Adjustment may grant consent with respect to the following transactions:
1. New lot
2. Leases over 21 years
3. Mortgage or partial discharge of a mortgage
4. Foreclosure or exercise of power of sale
5. Rights-of-way and easements over 21 years
6. Lot line adjustments
7. Corrections to deeds or property descriptions
Traditionally, five citizens are appointed.
Legislation requires a minimum of three.
Mario Russo, Chair
Ron Chatha, Vice-Chair
Term of Office:
Concurrent with the term of Council, ending November 30, 2018, or until successors are appointed
By-law 51-89, as amended
Once every three (3) weeks on Tuesdays, commencing 9:00 a.m. at City Hall (Meeting duration is approximately three to five hours)
1. $175.00 per meeting (By-law 172-2002)
2. Reimbursement for any expenses incurred
3. Mileage is paid at the City of Brampton corporate rate when the members are required to travel on Committee business. Committee members are required to conduct site inspections of properties prior to hearings.
Citizen Advisory Committee Application - C of A