A Privately Owned Outdoor Pool is any body of water located outdoors on privately owned property, contained in whole by artificial means, in which the depth of water at any point can exceed 0.6 metres (24 inches).  This includes spas, hot tubs, landscaped ponds, wading pools and swimming pools.  The City requires you to enclose any such body of water on your property. You must obtain a permit for any fence enclosure that surrounds an outdoor pool.  To make an application for a pool enclosure permit or for more information about the Pool Enclosure By-law and requirements for fencing, please click here. ​

​The City requires you to enclose a pool, spa, hot tub, or any artificial body of water outdoors on your property, in which you can swim or in which the water can be deeper than 60 centimetres (24 inches). You must get a permit to build a fence to enclose the pool.

Click Here to Download

See the Pool Enclosure Permit Information package above before you submit online as there are several attachments you will need to provide.

If you have questions about the application process, contact ZoningInquiries@brampton.ca or call 311.