The Building Division’s Document Services Section may have records for your property.
Types of documents available may include:
- Property Survey
- House Drawings/Blueprint/Floor Layout
- Building Permit Card
- Drain Card
- Certificate of Final Inspection
- Occupancy Permit
- Two Unit Dwelling Registration Certificate
- Other Documentation
There is no guarantee that all types of documentation are available for every property. Some of our documentation is very old. Documentation related to your inquiry may not have been provided to us during the building application process. For example, your new home builder may not have provided us with a copy of your property survey. In addition, we are currently conducting a large scale scanning project to have all of our documentation converted to PDF. Property records may currently be out for scanning.
All requests for documentation, must be submitted in advance.
Click here to submit your request for documentation.
Within 5 business days, we will notify you if we have copy of the documentation you have requested.
If you choose to purchase copies, the costs associated with purchasing documents are as follows (subject to annual increase):
- $5.20 / page + HST for documents from the file
- $31.21 + HST for permit drawings per set when available on PDF
- For any requests made on or after May 6th, you will receive a secured payment link from firstname.lastname@example.org to make payment. For an optimal experience, we recommend using either Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browsers. Internet Explorer is no longer supported and will not work for online payment.
- We no longer require proof of ownership for most documentation.
- We will respond to your request within 5 business days. Once payment is received, you will receive an email with a link to your documentation the next business day.
- Make sure you save a copy of the document to your computer as the link expires within 30 days.
- If the drawings you have requested are currently on microfilm, there may be a waiting period of up to 4 weeks for your documents. Microfilm will have to be retrieved from archives and sent out for scanning.
Should you have further inquiries about Document Services in the Building Division, send an email to email@example.com