​​​​​​​​​​​​A Privately Owned Outdoor Pool is any body of water located outdoors on privately owned property, contained in whole by artificial means, in which the depth of water at any point can exceed 0.6 metres (24 inc​​hes). This includes spas, hot tubs, landscaped ponds, wading pools and swimming pools. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​The City requires you to enclose a pool, spa, hot tub, or any artificial body of water outdoors on your property, in which you can swim or in which the water can be deeper than 60 centimetres (24 inches). You must get a permit to build a fence to enclose the pool.

Click Here to Download​

See the Pool Fence Enclosure i​nformation guide above before you submit online as there are several attachments you will need to provide.

To apply online: ​Brampton Building and Business Portal

If you have questions about the application process, contact ZoningInquiries@brampton.ca or call 311.

Contact Planning, Building and Growth Management

Flower City Community Campus
8850 McLaughlin Road, Unit 1,
Brampton, Ontario L6Y 5T1