The City of Brampton takes COVID-19 seriously and continues to follow the advice of Peel Public Health. The City has made significant changes to services and programming to help protect the health and wellbeing of our community.
The Planning & Development Services - Building Division is working to address the priorities of the Province with a focus on protecting staff and the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Brampton Building Division, located at Flower City Community Campus, 8850 McLaughlin Road, Unit 1, has reopened to the Public by appointment only. For information on safety, closures and reopening please visit www.brampton.ca/reopening.
Current service changes include:
- applications will be reviewed by examiners working from home
- examiners will contact applicants if any deficiencies are found
- mandated timelines for plan reviews are not applicable at this time
- we are currently working towards issuance of permits previously submitted
- you will be contacted if additional fees are owing, if no fees are owing you will receive your permit by email once available
- we are continuing to perform inspections, please see the inspections page for further information
Electronic submission of permit applications are now being accepted for the following:
Permits for construction of new homes, miscellaneous alterations and additions to existing homes as well as a change of use permit to add a second unit within a home.
See the Submission Requirements prior to starting your online application.
Production Home Builders
Applications for certified models, custom homes and repeat sitings. See the Submission Requirements prior to starting your online application.
Click Here to Apply
Industrial, Commercial & Institutional (ICI) Projects
Appointment booking for ICI projects must be made through the City's Skip the Line service prior to application. Click here to book your appointment.
Building Permit Application & Inspection Status
You can now check the status of your permit and upcoming inspections online through the MyBrampton map on GeoHub.
Search for your address on the map and select the 'Permits' dropdown to find information related to existing permits and upcoming inspections.
For all other enquiries please contact the Building Division at email@example.com