Small Business Accelerator: A Starter Company Plus Program
- Business Training Program, mentoring and up to $5000 for those 18+ wanting to start, buy or expand a business
- Learn more about Starter Company Plus.
- Program will be re-launched on April 6, 2020
Other Grants and Funding Resources
Below are some financial related resources for your business! There are loans and grants available for business owners. A Loan is borrowed money and a Grant is money that you normally do not have to pay back.
Government Grant Information
Additional Grants, Subsidies, Tax Credits and More
Canada Job Grant
Employment and Social Development Canada, Government of Canada
If you are an employer, you could get a grant to cover up to 2/3 of the costs of training for your employees. The maximum you may receive is $10,000 per grant.
Examples of eligible costs:
- Tuition and examination fees
- Textbooks, software and other required materials
You need to:
- Contribute 1/3 of the costs
- Use a third-party trainer
If you have no more than 50 employees, you could also benefit from flexible arrangements, such as the potential to count wages as part of your employer contribution.
Other conditions apply.
Are high wage expectations making you reluctant to put up that Help Wanted sign? A wage subsidy program can put the perfect employee within your reach.
Only Applies to: Ontario
If you are hiring postsecondary students or recent graduates with a disability, you may be able to apply for wage and training subsidies.
Hiring an apprentice? You may be able to obtain a subsidy to cover a portion of their wages.
- Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
Only Applies to: Ontario
You may qualify for an annual tax credit of up to $5,000 per qualifying apprentice to a maximum of $15,000 over a 36-month period.
- Canada Summer Jobs - If you hire students for the summer, this subsidy could help you cover 50% of their wages.
- Career Focus - You could get funding to hire young people if you can give them useful work experience.
- Co-operative Education Tax Credit - Only Applies to: Ontario
You may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to $3,000 if you hire an Ontario co-op student.
- Apprenticeship Employer Signing Bonus - Only Applies to: Ontario
Find out if you qualify for a signing bonus when you hire a youth as a new apprentice in certain trades in Ontario.
- Industry-Academic Collaboration Programs - Only Applies to : Ontario
Learn about financing and support that may help you develop and commercialize innovative techniques, products and services in Ontario.
- Ontario Job Creation Partnerships - Only Applies to : Ontario
If you are planning a new business project that benefits the community, you could be eligible to hire a subsidized job seeker.
- Youth Job Connection - Only Applies to : Ontario
You could receive funding to provide a high school student or a young person a job placement in your organization.