Brampton Transit COVID-19 Update: Reduced Service
In response to COVID-19 and to ensure Brampton Transit is serving its community safely, bus service will be changed as follows, starting March 23:
Monday to Friday: Enhanced Saturday service – includes additional service on some routes and earlier morning trips on select routes
Saturday: Regular Saturday service
Sunday: Regular Sunday service
For details about the enhanced Saturday service click here.
Brampton Transit terminals and its contact centre will maintain regular hours of operation to support passengers. Any change in hours of operation will be communicated on our website.
Brampton Transit is a critical service and is committed to supporting the community. We thank you for your cooperation.
To reduce COVID-19 transmission in the community, Brampton Transit will implement the following:
- Bus loads will be limited to half seated capacity to support physical distancing practices. This means that once buses are half-full, stops will be bypassed and passengers may be left behind. Every effort will be made to deploy buses to pick up the remaining passengers.
- On busier routes, articulated buses will be put in place to assist with passengers’ ability to maintain physical distancing while on board. This means that Züm articulated buses may be seen on regular routes. Please pay attention to the destination signs on the buses.
- To ensure there is adequate distance between everyone on the bus, including employees, seats will have yellow tape on them and passengers are asked to not sit in these seats.
In addition, starting Saturday, March 21, the following changes will take effect:
- No fare payment will be required until further notice.
- Passengers will board from the rear doors only until further notice.
- Passengers with accessibility needs may continue to use the front doors.
Transit Operators are permitted to wear their own personally supplied face masks. This is a personal choice and does not imply that the individual is sick.
Brampton Transit will continue to provide updates as details become available - follow us on Twitter @BramptonTransit to stay informed.
For updates on Transit and City Services visit http://www.brampton.ca/covid19.
For additional information, we encourage you to visit Peel Health’s website by clicking here, and follow City of Brampton and Region of Peel on social media.