Let’s talk “Snow” Business
Brampton Transit has established a Winter Weather Plan to ensure that bus service is maintained in the event of severe weather. This plan includes:
- Continually monitoring for weather changes and/or updates in or Control Centre and communicating this to internal team members.
- Dispatching snow removal teams to terminals as needed
- Arranging for extra staffing and buses as required
- Providing winter supplies to on-road Supervisors
- Initiating end of winter weather event clean up which includes removal of snow from Transit terminals and facilities.
Brampton Transit may implement detours as necessary to improve reliability of routes for customers.
The City of Brampton’s Road Operations team keep all roads clear of ice and snow, as well as clear the snow from bus shelters and stops across the city. If you see a stop that requires some extra attention please contact the 311 team. To see the City’s snow and plowing updates visit the Plow Tracking app or brampton.ca/snow.
For customer service assistance our Contact Centre is available to assist you, call 905.874.2999.
- Dress warm.
- Allow extra time.
- Stay visible when dark.
- Cross at designated crosswalks.
Be patient, plan ahead and stay safe.