We all have a responsibility to look out for the safety of the Brampton Transit community.
Brampton Transit is committed to the safety of its riders and employees. Report suspicious or unusual activity. Safety and security is everyone’s priority.
Get involved in everyday safety
We encourage all Brampton Transit employees and riders to commit to being alert, informed, prepared and involved partners in safety. Be on the alert for suspicious or unusual activity, including:
- Packages or bags placed or planted in an out-of-the-way location (e.g., garbage can)
- Individuals in the act of abandoning an object, package or substance and quickly leaving an area
- Objects with unusual items (such as batteries, wires, tanks, bottles or bags)
- An attached message or note
- A suspicious cloud, mist, gas, vapour, odour or seeping fluid
- Two or more individuals showing signs of distress (nausea, coughing, difficulty breathing, etc.)
- A vehicle parked in a restricted area or odd location
- A window/door open that is usually locked or closed
- Or other out-of-the-ordinary situations
Tips for reporting suspicious activity
- DO report suspicious or unusual activity immediately
- DO describe specifically what you observed, including:
- Who or what you saw
- When you saw it
- Where it occurred, including bus or stop number, if applicable
- Why it’s suspicious
- DON’T confront threatening people
- DON’T put yourself in dangerous situations
- DON’T report suspicious activity on Brampton Transit’s website or social media channels (Facebook and Twitter)
Many easy ways to contact us
There are many easy ways for you to discreetly report non-emergency issues. In an emergency, always call 9-1-1.
- Speak with a Brampton Transit employee
- Call City of Brampton Security at 905.874.2111
- BT Safe app for iPhone or Android
- Text 1.877.874.5927*
- On the web via the BT Safe webform
*We don’t charge for texting, however, standard cell phone carrier rates may apply. Check with your wireless provider.
In an emergency, call 9-1-1
Dial 9-1-1 if you witness or are involved in emergencies such as:
- A crime in progress
- Threatening, dangerous or violent behaviour
- Or if someone is in need of immediate medical attention
If you are in need of urgent emergency response or if your safety is threatened always call 9-1-1.