Duress Event Stations
Brampton Transit and City of Brampton Corporate Security have been working to set up Duress Event Stations.
- In fall of 2013, Duress Event Stations were installed at the Bramalea and Brampton Gateway Terminals.
- Duress Event Stations are now installed at various Züm Station Stops along Queen Street and Main Street.
Duress Event Stations FAQs
- What are Duress Event Stations?
- Duress Event Stations are communication buttons that individuals can press in an emergency. When the button is pressed, you are able to engage in two-way communication with the City’s corporate security staff.
- How do Duress Event Stations work?
- Anyone experiencing an emergency can press the button and security will immediately respond via the two-way communication box.
- Where are they located?
- Two terminals: Brampton Gateway and Bramalea Terminal
Züm Station Stops along Queen Street at: Centre Street, Kennedy Road, Dixie Road, Airport Road and Highway 50
Züm Station Stops along Main Street at: Sandalwood Parkway, Williams Parkway, Nelson Street, Nanwood Drive and Ray Lawson Boulevard
Züm Station Stops along Steeles Avenue at: Kennedy Road, Dixie Road, Airport Road, and Finch Ave
- Why has Brampton Transit decided to introduce these stations?
- Customer safety and comfort is important to us. The purpose of these Duress Event Stations is to further facilitate a way in which individuals can obtain help in emergency.