Get the most out of your trip with our bus rider tips.
When Boarding the Bus
- Arrive at your bus stop 5 minutes before its scheduled arrival time.
- As the bus approaches, be sure to stand where the Bus Operator can see you.
- Make sure you have your fare ready. You can use cash, PRESTO or a valid transfer. If you're using cash, please use exact change.
- If you require a transfer, ask for it after paying your fare.
- Walk as far back as you can and take a seat or find a place to stand and hold a rail.
- Enjoy your ride!
When Exiting the Bus
- As the bus pulls out from the stop before yours, pull the bell cord above the windows or push one of the stop buttons located on the poles. These sound a bell, which tells the Bus Operator you want to get off the bus.
- Some doors will open automatically, and others will open either by pushing or with a sensor. Read any signage on the door to make a proper exit.
- As you step off the bus, make sure all of your belongings have cleared the doors before they close.
When Transferring Between Buses
- If you’re paying with cash, ask the Bus Operator for a transfer once you’ve paid.
- Note the expiry time. A transfer is valid for 2 hours from the time of issue.
- When you board another bus within the allotted time, present the transfer to the Bus Operator as you board the bus.
- With PRESTO, your transfer is automatically stored on the card. When you tap on to the next bus, your transfer is recognized, and you can continue to travel.
About Fares & Transfers
Brampton Transit riders are required to pay the fare posted or as communicated by the Bus Operator or present their PRESTO card or transfer. In the event of a fare dispute, we request that riders pay the correct fare (and keep the transfer if applicable) and contact Customer Service at 905.874.2999 for clarification or adjustment.
- Transfers are issued only at the time a fare is paid.
- Transfers are valid for unlimited travel until the expiry time indicated.
- Expiry time is 2 hours from the time of issue.
- Expired transfers will not be accepted.
- Transfers are only valid for use by the customer to whom the transfer was issued.
- A complete transfer must be displayed to the Oerator at the time of boarding.
- Damaged transfers are not acceptable.
- Transfers will not be reissued.
- Fraudulent use of transfers is punishable by law.
FREE Wi-Fi is available at four of our terminals: