, ON (November 15, 2021) –The City of Brampton is now accepting nominations for the 2021 Brampton Citizens Awards. Residents are invited to nominate outstanding athletes, volunteers and local heroes before January 10, 2022.
The Brampton Citizens Awards recognize residents who have made a meaningful contribution or have had a significant achievement in one of the following categories during the 2021 calendar year:
• The Sports Achievement Award recognizes Brampton residents whose achievements have been recognized at the Provincial, National or International level.
• The Ken Giles Amateur Athlete of the Year Award is presented to an outstanding individual who has made a significant impact and/or exceptional achievement at the amateur level of their respective sport.
• The Arts Acclaim Award recognizes individuals whose contributions have had a significant impact in terms of achieving local, Provincial, National or International acclaim.
• The Long Term Service Award recognizes dedicated volunteers whose efforts have made a significant impact towards the development and advancement of recreational sports, the arts and community social services.
• The Inspirational Award recognizes Brampton residents who advocate or practice humane action, or who have had an inspirational influence on others.
• The Emergency Services Award of Valour recognizes individuals who voluntarily risked their own lives while performing a heroic act to save someone else’s life.
• The Citizens of the Year Awards recognizes Brampton volunteers of all ages who demonstrated passionate, dedicated community involvement in 2021.
A Selection Committee comprised of community members with subject matter expertise in award categories, along with elected officials, Brampton Fire and Emergency Services, the Brampton Sports Alliance, the Brampton Seniors Council and Peel Regional Police, is appointed to review all nominations.
Since 1974, the City of Brampton has been proud to offer a community recognition program that has honoured over 3,500 outstanding residents in the community in the areas of sports, arts, and community service. For more information on the Brampton Citizens Awards and to learn more about 2019 and 2020 award recipients, visit www.brampton.ca.
“Brampton is full of outstanding residents, and the Brampton Citizens Awards provide us with the important opportunity to recognize their contributions as athletes, artists, volunteers and local heroes. These awards instill pride, encourage everyone to contribute to our community, and acknowledge our citizens for their meaningful contributions. Nominate a resident today!”
- Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
“Since 1974, it has been a longstanding tradition to recognize the contributions of those in our community with the Brampton Citizens Awards. We look forward to learning about residents who have made a significant impact in our city in 2021, and are excited to celebrate them next year.”
- Martin Medeiros, Regional Councillor Wards 3 & 4; Chair, Citizens Awards Committee, City of Brampton
“Bramptonians make a difference in our community every day, and each year we see an incredible scope of submissions for the Citizens Awards. Nominations are now open, and the selection committee can’t wait to see this year’s nominees and select recipients!”
- Harkirat Singh, City Councillor Wards 9 & 10; Chair, Corporate Services, City of Brampton
“Brampton is full of passionate and inspiring residents who make a true difference in our community, and the Brampton Citizens Awards provide an opportunity to recognize their outstanding contributions. Nominate someone you admire who has made a great impact in 2021.”
- David Barrick, Chief Administrative Officer, City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to more than 700,000 people and 75,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca.
Senior Advisor, Media Relations, City of Brampton
905.874.2143 | email@example.com