Recognition will be given to those individuals or groups whose exemplary achievements in the arts have positively impacted the community and advanced the arts in the City of Brampton.
This award recognizes an individual artist or group in ant arts practice. This includes, but is not limited to: craft, dance, music, opera, theatre, visual and media arts, literature and cultural industries, such as book and magazine publishing, digital media, film, television and sound recording.
- Recognition must have been made within the previous calendar year of the annual nomination deadline.
- Nominee must be a current resident of Brampton, who has lived in Brampton for the past two (2) years or longer.
- Individuals or groups whose artistic expressions contain inappropriate material, propagate "hate" messages, make defamatory statements or that are otherwise extraordinarily offensive are also not eligible for this award.
- Individuals or groups whose artistic expressions were commissioned by advertising, media and public relation companies are not eligible for this award.
- For online media, nominees must have surpassed 50,000 subscribers or 50,000 views.
- An individual receiving an award must have been a permanent resident of the City of Brampton during the time of their accomplishment. Artists temporarily located outside of the city many be nominated for this award.
- If nominating a group, the group must have operated as a Brampton organization with the majority of the group members being Brampton residents. If this criterion is met, and the group is selected for an award, non-resident group members will also be recognized for their contributions.