Recognition will be given to an outstanding individual whose involvement in sport has had a significant impact and/or an exceptional achievement at the amateur level of their respective sport. This outstanding individual should not only achieve athletic success but also exemplify sportsmanship, commitment, honesty, discipline and perseverance within their competitive sport. For the purpose of this award, sports and fitness are defined as those activities requiring physical conditioning and/or refinement of motor skills so that competitive excellence may be achieved.
- An individual receiving an award must have been a resident of the City of Brampton during the time of their accomplishment.
- Nominees must be deemed amateur by their national or international governing sports body.
- Athletes will be considered for the following areas: level of competition, level of performance, standard of achievement, and community impact.
- The championships recognized for eligibility at the Provincial, National or International level will be those championships awarded by that sport’s governing body. Olympic competition qualifies. Regional, divisional, district, or academic championships do not qualify. Tournaments do not qualify.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to acknowledge an individual that has achieved outstanding results.
- When multiple recognitions are awarded to an individual or team, the recipient(s) will receive one award that recognizes all achievements
- Brampton residents who are temporarily relocated outside of Brampton either because they are attending school, or, because of training for their sport, will also be considered for the award