Each year, families, friends, community organizations, businesses, and school groups participate in the Parks cleanup program by donating their time. The purpose of program is to help remove litter that has accumulated, promote community engagement, and create healthy vibrant spaces. It’s also about helping us achieve our Brampton Grow Green goals.
- Select a local park that needs a cleaning.
- Register your cleanup. This ensures you will be provided with cleanup supplies and garbage pickup.
- Get outside and complete your cleanup! Please take photos and send them to us at email@example.com
- Encourage your school to participate in making a difference in the community.
- Select a local park or school playground that needs a cleaning.
- Register your cleanup. This ensures you will be provided with all of your cleanup supplies.
- Get outside and complete your cleanup!
- Provide post-cleanup feedback for an opportunity to be recognized for your participation.
Meet Bill. He cleans up litter. Be like Bill.
Long-time Bramptonian Bill started his cleanup journey more than three years ago when he noticed garbage in a nearby ravine. He started cleaning the ravine litter – some that had been around for decades – and then expanded his efforts to other nearby areas.
Soon after, he created a volunteer group called P.A.L. (People Against Littering). Each week, more than 10 volunteers gather to cleanup garbage in local parks and spaces. “Our goal is to unite the community into a powerful force to take back control of our parks and streets from litter bugs and litter thugs,” says Bill.
So, what keeps Bill going? “The feeling is almost addictive,” he says. “It is also a thrill to see others smiling and enjoying areas that we have cleaned up and to be appreciated by them.”
Bill has a message for all Bramptonians: “Folks, pick the litter up! If we all picked up just five pieces of litter a week, that would have a major impact.”
Be like Bill and do your part to keep Brampton clean and green.