Brampton’s annual Parks Cleanup campagin runs from April 1 to October 31. Families, friends, community organizations, businesses and school groups participate by donating their time. The purpose of the Parks Cleanup program is to help remove litter that has accumulated, promote community engagement, and create healthy vibrant spaces. It’s also about helping us achieve our Brampton Grow Green goals.
How you can take part:
Self-Led Clean Up Days
- Ask your family or friends to help you make a difference in the community.
- Select your local park that needs a cleaning. Set a date between April and October that is convenient for you.
- Register your clean up. This ensures your team will be provided with cleanup supplies and garbage pick-up.
- Visit your local Recreation Centre to pick up your cleanup supplies. Please allow 5 business days from registration date to pick up your supplies.
- Gather your team and complete your cleanup! Please feel free to take photos and send them to us at email@example.com
- Encourage your school to participate in making a difference in the community.
- Select your local park or school playground that needs a cleaning. Set a date between April and October that is convenient for you.
- Register your clean up. This ensures you will be provided with all of your cleanup supplies.
- Gather your team and complete your cleanup!
- Provide post-cleanup feedback for an opportunity to be recognized for your participation.
City Organized Cleanups
- Register here to be a part of an organized cleanup near you.
Come together as a community and complete the cleanup!
Volunteer safety is the highest priority at our Park Cleanups. Please read the following safety tips and take every precaution to avoid personal injury.
- Watch for and avoid hazards such as wild animals, insects, noxious weeks, glass.
- Wear appropriate and protective clothing according to the weather (boots, gloves, sunscreen).
- Be mindful of vehicles when near or adjacent to a road.
- Don’t pick up any materials that may be especially hazardous such as chemicals, dead animals, bird, or SHARPs, like needles. Instead, mark the location and dial 311 immediately.
To view frequently asked questions, click here.