Brampton’s annual Harvest Cleanup takes place October 1 - 31. Families, friends, community organizations, businesses and school groups participate by donating their time. The purpose of the Spring Cleanup is to help remove litter that has accumulated throughout the winter, community building and create healthy vibrant spaces. It’s also about helping us achieve our Brampton Grow Green goals.
How you can take part:
Self-Led Clean Up Days
- Ask your family or friends to help you make a difference in the community.
- Select your local park that needs a cleaning. Set a date and time in the month of October that is convenient for you.
- Register your clean up. This ensures your team will be provided with cleanup supplies and garbage pick-up.
- Visit your local Recreation Centre to pick up your cleanup supplies. Please allow 5 business days from registration date to pick up your supplies.
- Gather your team and complete your cleanup! Please feel free to take photos and send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encourage your school to participate in making a difference in the community.
- Select your local park or school playground that needs a cleaning. Set a date and time in the month of April that is convenient for you.
- Register your clean up. This ensures you will be provided with all of your cleanup supplies.
- Gather your team and complete your cleanup!
- Participate in the “Don’t Be Trashy, Be Flashy” campaign and you could win a free tree planting event for your class.
- Fill out your online post-cleanup form for an opportunity to be recognized for your participation.
Volunteer safety is the highest priority at our Park Cleanups. Please read the following safety tips and take every precaution to avoid personal injury.
- Watch for and avoid hazards such as wild animals, insects, noxious weeks, glass.
- Wear appropriate and protective clothing according to the weather (boots, gloves, sunscreen).
- Be mindful of vehicles when near or adjacent to a road.
- Don’t pick up any materials that may be especially hazardous such as chemicals, dead animals, bird, or SHARPs, like needles. Instead, mark the location and dial 311 immediately.
To view frequently asked questions, click here.