​​​​​​​​Anyone can apply for an event road closure in Brampton by following the guidelines below. However, it is encouraged that the application be submitted by someone who is aware of all the activities taking place during the event, such as the event organizer. The police may want to interview the event organizer to discuss issues such as organization, noise and alcohol use.

Event organizers who want to close a road to accommodate a recreational or community event, such as a Block Party, must complete a Road Closure Application, including a signed petition sheet, at least six weeks prior to the event.

Event organizers who are planning a Road Race, Marathon, or Parade must complete a Road/Lane Closure Letter of Intent at least 1 year prior to the event. A Special Event Road Closure Application is not required.

The maximum time allotted for a temporary road closure is 24 hours. However, an event MUST finish no later than midnight. If a temporary road closure is necessary for more than 24 hours, Council approval is required.

There is n​o application/permit fee required for a special event closure.​ Once the road closure application has been approved, the City of Brampton will issue a Road Occupancy Permit.

For Block Parties, staff will provide and collect ​signage and barricades that the event organizer will need to use to close the road. Barricades are used to prevent vehicles from entering the designated area, while road closure signage indicates that a roadway is temporarily closed and traffic must use an alternate route.


Contact Public Works and Engineering

Public Works and Engineering
Williams Parkway Operations Centre - 1975 Williams Parkway
Brampton, Ontario L6S 6E5
 Email Us

Need to report an issue?

 Create a 311 Service Request