The Community Services Department is currently reviewing and evaluating the Bramalea family of recreation centres, to develop a strategy regarding the older centres, including:
- Howden, Ellen Mitchell and Balmoral Recreation Centres’ indoor pool facilities; and
- Greenbriar and Terry Miller Recreation Centres, and Victoria Park Arena’s ice rink facilities.
Staff will continue to collect feedback from the broadest possible range of residents, community groups, and other stakeholders as the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Study is finalized.
- Complete the Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Continue to explore renewal options of Bramalea recreation centres
- Determine the recreation programs and amenities to be offered in the area
- Continue to seek input from the public (future dates will be announced to area residents)
- Develop financial strategies to pay for construction/renewal options
- Get budget approval
- Design and (re)develop properties
For further information, please refer to the following supporting documents related to the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Study:
Bramalea family of recreation centres contact info:
Should you have any questions, please contact Community Services staff via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 311.