Celebrate City of Brampton's first-ever Diwali Mela
Diwali, known as the Festival of Lights, is a five-day celebration that symbolizes the triumph of light over darkness. Celebrated by Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and Buddhists across the world, the City is excited to celebrate the rich culture and traditions.
To celebrate Diwali, the City will be hosting its first-ever community celebration and invites everyone to come together and experience the traditions with live music and performances from local and international artists, free, family-friendly activities, delicious food vendors, and a dazzling 15-minute fireworks show the largest City-run fireworks display!
Sunday, November 12 | 4 to 10 PM | Sesquicentennial Park, 11333 Bramalea Road, Brampton, ON.
4:00 PM Start
7:30 PM Firework Show
10:00 PM End
Thank you to the City's Sponsors
®/™CAA trademarks are owned by, and use is authorized by, the Canadian Automobile Association.
Due to the large scale of the event, and to ensure the safety of residents and event guests, the following temporary road closure will be in place on November 12
- Countryside Drive from Bramalea Road to Sunny Meadow Boulevard from 2:00 to 11:55 PM
- Countryside Drive from Sunny Meadow Boulevard to Moldvan Drive (westbound lanes only) from 2:00 to 11:55 PM
- Limited parking is available on site, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- As there is limited parking on site, residents are encouraged to walk, ride their bikes, take public transit or a FREE transit shuttle to the event.
FREE Brampton Transit Shuttles
Brampton Transit will be offering free shuttle service starting at 4 pm and will run every 30 minutes at one of our four shuttle locations:
- Mount Pleasant GO Station
- Sheridan College
- Gore Meadows Community Centre
- Save Max Sports Centre.
Please visit Brampton Transit for full shuttle details, and to view how regular transit routes and schedules will be affected by the area road closures.
Fireworks Safety in Brampton during Diwali
The safety of residents is the City's top priority. Under the new fireworks by-law, fireworks are no longer permitted in Brampton, except for City-led events. This event will allow people to celebrate Diwali and experience the beauty of the fireworks that often symbolizes the event.
Weather and Cancellations
Brampton Festivals and Events will operate during rain, shine, or snow. Cancellations may occur due to extreme weather conditions. Be sure to check the City of Brampton Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts regularly for updates on inclement weather.
- Firework Show Weather Notice: Please be advised that in order to ensure the safety of event attendees, the 7:30 PM firework show may be cancelled due to high wind speeds or unfavorable weather conditions. Be sure to check the City of Brampton Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts regularly for updates on the status of the firework show.