You will learn:
- The essentials of conducting market research
- The difference between primary and secondary research and how to conduct them
- The resources available in Canada for start-ups and businesses
- Information gathering on your competition
- Idea validation
- To explore a diverse set of research and entrepreneurship databases.
Who Should Attend
This session is designed for anyone interested in learning more about entrepreneurship and changemaking through the power of market research.
Through this session you will:
- Develop your market research skills
- Discover industry-specific databases relating to statistics, demographics, and competition to enhance your product/service and go to market strategies
- Develop a competitive edge
Kristel Manes | Executive Director at Business Centre Guelph Wellington
Kristel Manes works with the RISE ventures at EDGE to help them accelerate growth. She has a huge heart for startup founders and entrepreneurs born through her experience in owning and growing several small businesses and developing high profile community organizations. She is a seasoned advisor in the startup and accelerator space. A master networker, Kristel connects the dots to the people, programs and events that help our clients at EDGE grow.
With her natural ability to easily establish confidence and build trust, resolve conflicts, and motivate people to move forward, she has helped RISE social enterprises and impact ventures in the EDGE community grow revenue and impact, while strengthening the longevity of the venture.
Kristel Manes is the right coach to move RISE founders past their fear and take the right next steps to accelerate growth. With her knowledgeable in financial management including forecasting and budget management, she supports RISE ventures in revenue gains through funding and financing initiatives… as well as pure, focused business development and sales activities.