The Accessibility Awards is a civic recognition program that identifies individuals, businesses, and organizations in the City of Brampton who demonstrate a commitment to accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities.
Nominations for 2019 Accessibility Awards are now Open!
The deadline for nominations is October 4, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
Awards will be presented at December’s meeting of the Accessibility Advisory Committee, held at Brampton City Hall.
To complete and print a nomination form, please click here
. This information and the nomination form are available in alternative formats on request.
Completed nomination forms can be dropped off, mailed, or faxed to City Clerk’s Office, City of Brampton, 2 Wellington Street West, Brampton, ON, L6Y 4R2.
A community member, community group, or business, meeting one of the following criteria are eligible for nomination:
- A resident of Brampton
- A community or not-for-profit organization operating in Brampton
- An owner of a business in Brampton
The achievements and contributions of nominees must benefit the Brampton community. Self-nominations will not be accepted. City of Brampton employees and members of the Accessibility Advisory Committee are not permitted to submit nominations or be nominated for the award.
Nominations are evaluated based on achievements and contributions made in the following areas:
- Preventing and removing barriers – the nature of the barrier may be attitudinal, communication, physical, policy, programmatic, social, and transportation.
- Accommodating persons with disabilities - an accommodation may involve modification of a space, schedule, or task that enables someone to participate in the community.
- Acting as an accessibility ambassador or champion - promoting accessibility awareness within the community.
- Providing employment support for persons with disabilities - creating opportunities to participate in the work environment.
- Providing exemplary accessible customer service – taking time to understand the customer’s request and offer an appropriate solution.
- Providing assistance for independent living – assisting with skills training and support.
For more information, please contact:
Accessibility Awards Committee/City Clerk’s Office
City of Brampton
2 Wellington Street West
Brampton, ON, L6Y 4R2