Provided your tax account is up to date at your desired start date, your mortgage company is not paying taxes on your behalf and your property is fully assessed, you are eligible for the program. All tax amounts due prior to the desired start date must be paid in full; failure to do so will result in the application being rejected and returned to you.
How the Program Works
Once the application is completed, attach a void cheque and mail the application to 2 Wellington St. W, Brampton ON L6Y 4R2 or fax to 905-874-2296 prior to the close of the enrolment period.
- In December (Interim Billing Start), you will receive a notice advising of the instalment amounts for the Interim Billing of the next year. Please note, your interim taxes will be calculated using your previous year’s annualized taxes.
- In June (Final Billing Start), you will receive a notice advising of the instalment amounts for the Final Billing. The amount will be based on the current tax year’s assessment minus the Interim Billing.
Please Note: If you are moving, your PTP is not transferable; a new application form and void cheque must be submitted. If you require further assistance, please call the tax office at 905.874.2000.
Bank Account Changes and Program Cancellation
For changes or cancellation from the program, written notice is required at least 30 days before the next withdrawal date. A new void cheque must be submitted for any bank account changes.
Penalties and Charges
An administration fee will be applied to your account for payments not cleared by your financial institution. In addition, a penalty of 1.25% will be added to your account. Payment must be received by the specified due date or the account may be removed from the PTP plan. Penalty and Interest charges cannot be waived.
Your account must remain current when on the program. If your account goes into arrears at any point, you may be removed from the program.
Who May Enrol
- All residential and non-residential properties
- Those who have no arrears outstanding on their accounts
- Those whose property is fully assessed
- Those who do not pay their taxes with their mortgage
How to Enrol
- Select the plan in which you wish to enrol (Interim Billing Start or Final Billing Start)
- Attach a Void cheque
- Sign application
- Return to the City no later than 1st week of November for Interim Billing Start or 1st week of May for Final Billing Start.
- Complete the Request for Pre-Authorized Application Form
Click here for a sample of a completed Pre-Authorized Application form.
Mail, fax or drop off your application to:
2 Wellington St W
Fax (905) 874-2296