Brampton City Council approved the 2020 Budget at a Special Council Meeting
on February 26th, with record contribution to reserves and a second consecutive tax freeze.
- 0% property tax freeze on the City's portion of the tax bill
- City's 0.0% + Region's 1.3% + School Boards' 0.0% = 1.3% (average of $64 per household)
- City's net operating expenditures are increasing by $47 million, funded through assessment growth, revenue growth and the stormwater charge
- 2020 Budget is $977 million: $755 million operating + $222 million capital
- Includes contribution to City's reserves of $110 million, strengthening City's financial position
- Includes 1% Transit Levy and 2% Infrastructure Levy to maintain assets and ensure city-building can continue
Capital Budget Highlights
- $52 million for bus purchases, including eight electric buses
- $41 million updates to roads and active transportation
- $9.8 million over three years to improve sports fields, trails and playgrounds
- $2 million for two new youth centres at Century Gardens and South Fletcher's Recreation Centres
- $650,000 over three years for speed cameras in community safety zones
If you require this document in an alternate, accessible format, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.