Brampton City Council is regularly briefed on current and upcoming matters related to the regional, provincial, and federal governments.
City of Brampton participates in a range of public consultations and shares input with other orders of government. Below are links to recent funding announcements and advocacy initiatives:
- August 16, 2021 | City of Brampton at AMO 2021 Virtual Conference: advocating for recovery, health, and future prosperity
- August 4, 2021 | City of Brampton secures $1.2M investment from Government of Canada to plant 8,000 trees this year
- July 28, 2021 | City of Brampton’s Food Processing Sector Ranked #1
- July 21, 2021 | City of Brampton secures up to $400 million commitment for Brampton Transit from Canada Infrastructure Bank
- July 9, 2021 | City securing stronger future for Brampton through advocacy, government partnerships and additional revenue sources
- July 7, 2021 | Ryerson University receives funding from the City of Brampton for School of Medicine; $1 million in funding from the City will help fund Ryerson’s School of Medicine proposal
- June 18, 2021 | 2021 ranking from fDI Intelligence positions Brampton as leading city of the future and prime investment location
- June 16, 2021 | City of Brampton to be first municipality in Ontario to use an electric-powered fire truck
- May 31, 2021 | City of Brampton launches new performing arts Internship and Co-op Program for Black and Indigenous Youth
- May 17, 2021 | Brampton secures Federal and Provincial investment of $7.3M towards significant upgrades for Brampton Transit
- April 15, 2021 | Brampton secures Federal and Provincial investment of $128M towards third Brampton Transit facility
- February 9, 2021 | Brampton secures Canada and Ontario investments in Chinguacousy Wellness Centre
- February 3, 2021 | Brampton recognized as a leader in local climate action after Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy Showcase Cities pilot
- January 27, 2021 | City of Brampton recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers in 2021
- January 18, 2021 | Brampton Animal Services first in Canada to offer Home To Home™ service for pets
Brampton is a diverse community, one of the youngest cities in Canada and it is rapidly growing. The residents of Brampton are what make this city special. As we continue to grow, we must advocate for ourselves to ensure Brampton receives a Fair Deal. Auto insurance costs form a major portion of family expenses in the GTA and in Brampton, our residents pay the highest rates in the province. The residents of Brampton deserve a fair, equitable deal.
Sign the petition!
City of Brampton | News | Media Release
Term of Council Priorities
People are at the heart of everything we do.
Our diverse communities energize us. We believe in the power of connection. We partner for progress. We’re building an inclusive city that is safe, sustainable, and successful. Together, we’re on a journey to move Brampton forward.
City of Brampton | Term of Council Priorities | Term of Council Priorities