A Simple Civil Ceremony is a flexible and straightforward alternative for couples looking for a simple and dignified approach to exchange their marriage vows.
Simple Civil Ceremonies are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are conducted at Brampton City Hall, 2 Wellington Street West, Brampton. Pre-booking is required.
- Ceremony is approximately 30 minutes long
- Script is provided by the City of Brampton
- Two (2) witness are required - one for each partner
- Ceremonies conducted in English - the couple is responsible to provide an interpreter for translation in another language
- Up to six (6) people can attend and that includes the couple and the witnesses
Bookings must be made in person by one or both of the applicants at the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. A valid marriage licence must be presented or purchased at the time of booking ($150.00).
- $200.00 plus 13% HST (total $226.00). The fee does not include the cost of the marriage licence, which must be purchased separately ($150.00).
- Changes to the date and/or time may be made at no additional cost subject to availability of the date and time requested.
- Refunds will be issued if the ceremony is cancelled at least seven (7) days prior to the ceremony and is subject to a $50.00 plus 13% HST (total $56.50) administration fee. NO refund will be given for cancellations made within seven (7) days of the ceremony or if you do not show up for the scheduled ceremony time.
- Witnesses can be provided at a cost of $25.00 per witness and must be booked in advance.