Civil Marriage Ceremonies at Brampton City Hall are for couples looking for a simple and dignified approach to exchange their marriage vows.
Ceremonies are conducted at Brampton City Hall, 2 Wellington Street West, Brampton, on Wednesdays (with the exception of Statutory Holidays) during office hours only. Pre-booking is required.
About the ceremony:
- The ceremony is a maximum of 30 minutes long.
- Script is provided by the City of Brampton. No changes are permitted.
- Two (2) witness are required - one for each partner - and must be at least 16 years of age and able to understand and speak English competently.
- Ceremonies are conducted in English - the couple is responsible for providing an interpreter for translation into another language if required. The interpreter cannot be one of the witnesses.
- Up to four (4) people may attend - this includes the couple and the witnesses only - no exceptions (unless an interpreter is required).
Bookings may be made using our online appointment service here.
Fees must be paid in full at the time of booking.
A valid marriage licence must be presented or purchased at the time of booking ($150.00). Marriage licences are currently being issued by appointment only, with limited availability. To book an appointment to obtain a marriage licence, go to our online appointment service here.
Fees and policies:
- $225.00 plus 13% HST (total $254.25). The fee does not include the cost of the marriage licence, which must be purchased separately ($150.00).
- Any change of date made up to seven (7) business days prior to a ceremony is subject to a $50.00 + HST ($56.50) administration fee.
- Any cancellation made up to seven (7) business days prior to a ceremony may be refunded and is subject to a $50.00 + HST ($56.50) administration fee.
- Any cancellation made less than seven (7) business days prior to a ceremony is non-refundable; any change of date made less than seven (7) business days prior to a ceremony is considered a cancellation and is non-refundable.
- It is recommended that all parties (the couple and two witnesses) arrive together 15 minutes prior to their scheduled ceremony to ensure the ceremony takes place as planned.
- Late arrivals - if either member of the couple or their witnesses arrive late to a scheduled ceremony, they will be treated as a 'No Show', and will not be accommodated. The ceremony will be deemed as cancelled and fees will not be refunded - no exceptions.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 905.874.2100.