Prosecutors Office

How do I request Disclosure?

You have a right to obtain officer's notes and any other relevant evidence involving the charge against you, also known as disclosure, to help you prepare for your trial. Once you have received your trial notice, you can request disclosure by:

  • Obtaining a form from the Prosecutor's office at the court location indicated on your Offence Notice (ticket)
  • Selecting the form applicable to your charge below
  1. Disclosure Request Form: Municipal Charges ie Building Code Act, Fire Protection and Prevention Act, Bylaw Charges including Zoning
  2. Disclosure Request Form: Peel Regional Police Issued Tickets including Highway Traffic Act charges

You can mail or deliver your disclosure request form to the Prosecution office at the court location indicated on your Offence Notice (ticket). The Prosecutors Office will notify you once the disclosure is ready to be picked up.

The address for the City of Brampton’s Prosecutors Office is:

  • Prosecutor’s Office
  • City of Brampton Provincial Offence Courthouse
  • 5 Ray Lawson Blvd, 2nd Fl
  • Brampton, Ontario
  • L6Y 5L7
  • Main Line: (905) 450-7211
  • Fax: (905) 450-4368

Speed Measuring Devices

If you have been charged with speeding by a Peel Regional Police officer and the officer used a radar or laser device to obtain the speed reading, you can obtain a copy of the relevant manual for the device used by clicking on the link to the manual. The officer's notes will indicate what device the officer used.

If your speeding offence was reduced by the Police Officer

If you have been charged with a speeding offence and the evidence at trial discloses a higher rate of speed, take notice that the Prosecutor may request the court to amend the charge to conform to the evidence in accordance with s. 34 of the Provincial Offences Act and ask the court to find you guilty at the higher rate of speed. Your disclosure or your Offence Notice may indicate the higher rate of speed (See R v Winlow 2009 ONCA 643).

Guide for Defendants in Provincial Offences Cases

View the guide here.​​​​​​​​​​​​​