BRAMPTON, ON (November 18, 2022) – At a special meeting this week, Brampton City Council appointed Members of Council to Standing, Functional and Ad Hoc Committees for the 2022 to 2026 Term of Office.
The following appointments were made:
• Committee of Council – Economic Development Section: Councillor Singh Toor, Chair, and Councillor Santos, Vice Chair;
• Committee of Council – Corporate Services Section: Councillor Singh, Chair, and Councillor Kaur Brar, Vice Chair;
• Committee of Council – Public Works and Engineering Section: Councillor Vicente, Chair, and Councillor Keenan, Vice Chair;
• Committee of Council – Community Services Section: Councillor Santos, Chair, and Councillor Kaur Brar, Vice Chair;
• Committee of Council – Legislative Services Section: Councillor Santos, Chair, and Councillor Palleschi, Vice Chair;
• Planning and Development Committee: Councillor Palleschi, Chair, and Councillor Singh, Vice Chair;
• Audit Committee: Councillor Keenan, Chair, Councillor Vicente, Vice Chair, and Councillors Singh Toor, Palleschi, and Kaur Brar as members;
• Budget Committee: Mayor Brown, Chair, and Councillor Vicente, Vice Chair;
• Citizen Appointments Committee: Councillor Vicente, Chair, Councillor Powers, Vice Chair, and Councillors Keenan, Singh Toor and Palleschi, as members;
• Governance and Council Operations Committee: Councillor Vicente, Chair, Councillor Singh Toor, Vice Chair, and Councillors Kaur Brar, Santos and Singh as members;
• CAO Performance Review Committee: Councillor Kaur Brar, Chair, Councillor Santos, Vice Chair, and Councillors Keenan, Vicente, Singh Toor, Palleschi and Mayor Brown as members.
Committee meetings provide members the opportunity for discussion and public input prior to making recommendations to Council concerning the services and operations of the municipality. For more on the City’s Committees visit Brampton.ca.
“Brampton’s Committees play an important role in the day-to-day operations of the City and in advancing our key priorities by facilitating discussion, hearing feedback and making recommendations to our Brampton City Council. I am confident that all of the appointed Chairs, Vice Chairs and Committee Members will dedicatedly serve Brampton residents and continue to move our city forward.”
- Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 700,000 people and 75,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable, and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca
City of Brampton Media Relations