BRAMPTON, ON (June 2, 2022) – The City of Brampton recognizes May 29 to June 4 as Tourism Week, where the incredible people and businesses in the tourism sector are recognized for the role they play in bringing individuals together to enjoy unique experiences. Tourism Week is a national week-long event that aligns tourism organizations, businesses, and other partners in promoting the industry’s contribution to the Canadian economy and communities.
This Tourism Week, the City of Brampton’s Tourism Office is excited to launch the refreshed Experience Brampton brand as part of the five-year Tourism Marketing Strategy. This multi-faceted program is designed to further strengthen and promote Brampton as a vibrant tourism destination with much to offer, especially in the areas of arts and culture, food tourism, special events and sport tourism.
The tourism brand focuses on three pillars:
- A city coming into its own. Brampton is the ninth largest urban centre and second fastest growing city in Canada. From heritage and cultural assets to sports tourism, special events, and incredible undiscovered and underrated food experiences, Brampton is a destination on the rise and ready to announce itself to the world.
- A multi-cultural destination. Brampton is a Mosaic that has more than 200 different communities that make up the city and almost 90 different languages spoken. Brampton is a remarkably diverse place to visit and celebrate. Visitors can expect an eclectic mix of people, world cultures, and experiences that stimulate the mind and senses.
- An underexplored and underappreciated culinary destination. Food is a natural expression of culture, and Brampton is known to be a place where international cuisines can be found providing a food tour of the world in one city.
The Experience Brampton logo has been refreshed to incorporate a rainbow of colour that illustrates the vibrancy of the city and the fun, exciting destination that Brampton is.
To further promote Brampton as a destination of choice to residents and visitors, the Tourism Office is excited to introduce the Brambassador program; a team of volunteers that will attend events and locations around the city to promote Brampton and educate residents and visitors on the wide range of amenities, attractions, and restaurants available. The Brambassador role is a great opportunity for Brampton champions to spread their love of the city and encourage others to visit and experience everything Brampton has to offer. Interested applicants will be invited to share their expression of interest this summer.
The City of Brampton endorsed the five-year Tourism Strategy
in April 2021
, which aims to make Brampton a tourism destination, expand and build the local economy, and to foster pride of place among residents. The strategy was co-created with Bannikin Travel and Tourism.Quotes
“The City of Brampton is proud to recognize Tourism Week and the vital role our tourism sector plays in telling our story and engaging with residents and visitors, especially now that we’ve reopened. I encourage everyone to visit our great city to truly experience all Brampton has to offer.”
- Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
“Brampton is a Mosaic that we love and celebrate, and an energetic place for people to visit and experience for themselves. From diverse festivals and events to a vibrant food scene, Brampton is the place to be.”
- Harkirat Singh, City Councillor, Wards 9 & 10; Chair, Corporate Services, City of Brampton
“The City of Brampton’s Tourism Strategy is committed to celebrating this city and promoting it as a vibrant destination of choice. The pillars of the marketing strategy highlight what so many residents already know: that Brampton is a Mosaic of culture and experiences. I look forward to seeing our new Brambassador team out spreading the word and promoting this great city.”
- Paul Morrison, Interim Chief Administrative Officer, City of Brampton
-30-As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 700,000 people and 75,000 businesses.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter
, and Instagram
. Learn more at www.brampton.ca
. MEDIA CONTACT
City of Brampton Media RelationsMediarelations@brampton.ca