The Centre for Innovation will be an iconic gateway building that will offer a new central library, a downtown transit terminal and office space. It will be a landmark for train passengers entering or departing the city from the Brampton GO station.
The library will provide flexible spaces to engage residents and community partners and may also offer options for digital creation tools and programming, performance and audio recording spaces, assistive technologies for various abilities, and culture days.
The City will work with community partners and key stakeholders to determine the programming needs of the building and then proceed to the tender phase.
In 2018, six architecture firms were pre-qualified for design services for this exciting project.
The shortlisted firms are:
- IBI Group Architects Inc., (Toronto) with Henning Larsen (Denmark)
- ZAS Architects Inc. (Toronto) with Foster + Partners (London, UK)
- Perkins+Will Architecture (Toronto) with Schmidt Hammer Lassen (Denmark)
- Teeple Architects Inc. (Toronto) with B+H (Toronto)
- Moriyama & Teshima Architects (Toronto)
- Diamond Schmitt Architects (Toronto)