Activate Downtown Brampton is a series of interactive installations and activations taking place in Downtown Brampton’s laneways and public gathering spaces from May to October 2022. The project is a collaborative partnership between 8 80 Cities, The City of Brampton, and the Downtown Brampton Business Improvement Area.
The Activate Downtown Brampton program is funded through the My Main Street Community Activator Program and is supported by the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.
Vivian Lane in downtown Brampton, transformed into a more vibrant laneway with colourful artwork, movable seating, more plants, shade and programming! Local Brampton artist Abiola Idowu transformed the lane with a bright, bold and colourful ground mural that reflects the objectives of Activate Downtown Brampton. Pop by Vivian Lane to see the improvements, and keep an eye out on the events calendar to stay updated!
Vivian Lane Weekly Programming starting Tuesday, August 2
How to get involved?
- Come downtown and enjoy free weekly musical activations every Saturday until October 15 from 12-2pm featuring diverse local artists reflecting the rich cultural heritage of our city.
- Participate in future laneway activations and weekly programming in Vivian Lane in August to September 2022 for all ages.
- Get involved and help us activate downtown Brampton’s laneways and gathering spaces!
- Attend in-person pop-up events
- Share your photos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok with the hashtag #activatedowntownbrampton
Email City staff directly at IDP@brampton.ca