Division Chief | Andrew vonHolt
Coordinator | Tina Hickey
Our Division of Fire/Life Safety Education provides a link to the public for administration and many various educational and intervention programs.
In 1988 the Community Relations Division was created to address the growing need for more public education. The new division assisted in alleviating the sole responsibility of public education away from the Division of Fire Prevention. Community Relations became a more specialized division that met the required needs of this very important segment of our department's mandate to provide public education.
The Division of Fire/Life Safety Education is presently located at 225 Central Park Drive in Brampton and consists of the following team members: Division Chief Andrew VonHolt, Coordinator Tina Hickey and Fire Life Safety Education Officers Michelle John, Phillip Shuster, Margo Tennant, Kellie Speirs and Donna Naulls.
Brampton Fire and Emergency Services are leaders in the area of public service, and visionary in anticipation of the needs for the residents of Brampton.
The duties of the Fire/Life Safety Education division include:
- Fire Extinguisher Program
- Tapp-C Program
- Senior Centres Staff Education Program
- Hi-Rise Fire Safety Program
- Public Information Centre
- Industrial Fire Safety Program
- Media Relations including Social Media: Twitter, Facebook
- Public Relations
- Fire Safety Displays
- Day Camps
- Elementary School Outreach
- Stephanie's Place Program
- Seniors Fire Safety Presentations
- High School Presentations: Hospitality/Cooking, Co-op Program
- Guide Guides of Canada and Scouts of Canada various programs
- Fire Prevention Week
- Carbon monoxide Awareness Week
- Holiday Safety Information