Keep Fire & Electrical Safety on Your Mind
Here are some simple holiday tips to keep you and your family fire safe during this season!
- Lights, cords and decorations are RATED FOR either indoor OR outdoor use. Never use outdoor lights in your home
- Before use check for any damaged, brittle, cracked, frayed, nicked or kinked electrical cords.
- Give portable heaters space or you could burn your place! Keep portable heaters 1 metre (3 feet) away from anything that can burn (including blankets, curtains, clothing, furniture and papers products).
- When purchasing a live tree, pick one that is freshly cut. The tree’s needles should not fall off when touched.
- Make sure to have working smoke alarms on every floor of your home and outside all sleeping areas. Replace any smoke alarm that is 10 years or older.
- Have working carbon monoxide alarm(s) beside ALL sleeping area.
- Stay in the kitchen when using the stove and avoid cooking when under the influence of alcohol or cannabis products.
For more information on holiday electrical safety, click here.
Below are some links to some holiday activity sheets for your children!