Brampton is home to many natural features like woodlands, valleylands, wetlands, lakes, rivers, and meadows that make up the Natural Heritage System. Residents take pride in the vast and rich natural areas across the city.
The NHS Photo Contest is now closed. Thank you all for your wonderful submissions. Please see finalists below. Finalist will also be announced on City's social media accounts.
First Place: Amy Bishop
Photo Location: Claireville Conservation
Second Place: Charlotte Cooling
Photo Location: Peelton Park Featuring Eagle Bridge
Third Place: Amy Mills
Photo Location: Loafers Lake
Finalists will be contacted to coordinate prize pick up.
2021 Contest Details
From August 3 to September 3, Brampton residents were invited to share their photos of the NHS with us as part of the Natural Heritage System Photo Contest!
The Winner will received a 13-piece BBQ set!
BBQ set prize:
- Spatula, tongs, knife, fork, four skewers, four corn holders, and an aluminum accented case.
- Handles are plastic with stainless steel grip to prevent heat transfer.
Runner-ups (2nd and 3rd place) will receive a $25 Presto Card and Rocket Shine Water Bottle
All photo submissions will be featured in the NHS webpage update (Coming soon...)
Photo Submission Criteria
- Must be a Brampton resident
- Photo must be labelled with location of image either on the picture or in the post/email text
- Must be an image of a feature within the NHS (woodland, valleyland, wetland, lake, river, stream, pond, meadow) – use the Interactive map and Instructions to check where the NHS is located across the city
- One (1) submission per person
- You are giving permission to the City to use any photos sent in. We will give credit by displaying your name if we use the picture.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org OR post to social media using the hashtag #BramptonNHS.
- Remember to include your name and location of the photo in your submission!
- Visual appeal: the overall visual impact; colour and texture; a pleasing sense of harmony and balance
- Reflection of NHS: accurately reflects the NHS through the features captured
- Originality: creativity and/or uniqueness evident in photo or feature captured