Identified as a catalytic action in the Brampton 2040 Vision, the Centre for Community Energy Transformation (previously referred to as the Institute for Sustainable Brampton) is being established as a community-based organization to help Brampton accelerate towards a low carbon future and act as a catalyst to implement the Community Energy and Emissions Reduction Plan (CEERP).
The following framework has been developed for the Centre for Community Energy Transformation (CCET):
Vision: A sustainable energy future.
Mission: To lead an inclusive suburban energy transformation.
Mandate: The Centre for Community Energy Transformation will be an action-oriented organization focused on convening partners to implement catalytic priorities from Brampton's Community Energy and Emissions Reduction Plan.
Values: The work will:
- generate direct, local economic benefits
- be informed by science
- be replicable by other communities
- have quantifiable, documented results
- be collaborative with community partners to amplify our collective impact
- ensure social justice and inclusivity
- demonstrate the concepts of circular economy and one planet living
- provide educational benefits to our community
Over the next months, the City will work with members of the CEERP Task Force, the Region of Peel, and Sheridan College to formally establish the CCET. Check out the recommendation report and presentation slides below for more information and next steps.
Presentation slides on establishing the Centre for Community Energy Transformation.