BRAMPTON, ON (May 3, 2022) – The City of Brampton is seeking applications from citizens interested in serving on the City's Compliance Audit Committee.
The Committee will be comprised of a minimum of three and up to seven members. The term of office will be concurrent with the next Term of Council from November 15, 2022, to November 14, 2026.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
Applicants should be professionals living or working in Brampton. In addition, the City is seeking applicants with a background and experience in accounting, auditing, public administration and/or law. Applicants should have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of municipal elections, including campaign financing rules of the Municipal Elections Act
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience working on committees, task forces or similar settings
- Demonstrated knowledge of quasi-judicial proceedings
- Availability and willingness to attend meetings during daytime and evening hours
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Individuals who are Ineligible to Apply
In accordance with the Municipal Elections Act, the following persons are not eligible for appointment to the Committee:
- Employees of the City of Brampton or school boards within the city
- Members of Brampton City Council or local boards
- Candidates in the election for which the committee is established
- Registered third parties in the municipality in the election for which the committee is established
- Application forms and résumés must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office by Monday, May 16, 2022, at 4:30 pm.
A Selection Committee will interview applicants and make appointment recommendations to City Council. Qualified applicants will be contacted individually to confirm an interview date and time. Appointments will be made by City Council by October 1, 2022.
Media Relations, City of Brampton