(October 22, 2021) – Following the Government of Ontario’s announcement today, the City of Brampton will prepare to safely lift restrictions inline with the Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario and Manage COVID-19 for the Long-Term
. Thanks to the commitment of our community and Ontario’s health care partners, we are able to move forward. As of October 22, 2021, nearly 84 per cent of Ontario’s eligible population are fully vaccinated, with more than 22.3 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccines having been administered province-wide.
Effective Monday, October 25 at 12:01 am, the following settings will be able to lift capacity limits and physical distancing requirements where proof of vaccination is required.
- sports, recreational fitness facilities (such as, gyms), physical fitness training and waterparks
- casinos, bingo halls, and other gaming establishments
- meeting and event spaces (indoor)
The following settings will be able to lift capacity limits and physical distancing requirements if they choose to require proof of vaccination.
- Personal care services (e.g., barber shops, salons, body art);
- Indoor areas of museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions;
- Indoor areas of amusement parks;
- Indoor areas of fairs, rural exhibitions, festivals;
- Indoor tour and guide services;
- Boat tours;
- Indoor areas of marinas and boating clubs;
- Indoor clubhouses at outdoor recreational amenities;
- Open house events provided by real estate agencies; and
- Indoor areas of photography studios and services.
Over the next six months Ontario will work to slowly lift all remaining public health and workplace safety measures, including the provincial requirement for proof of vaccination and wearing masks in indoor public settings.
Since September 22, proof of full vaccination has been required to access a number of businesses and settings. As of October 22, 2021, 4.8 million Ontarians have downloaded their enhanced vaccine certificate, and one million people are using the Verify Ontario app. Click here to download your vaccine certificate.
For more on the Provinces announcement, visit ontario.ca/newsCity services and facilitiesBrampton Entrepreneur Centre
The Brampton Entrepreneur Centre will remain closed to in-person visits until further notice as we continue to focus on the health and safety of our staff and clients. More information on our safe and eventual reopening will be shared as it becomes available.
Local businesses can continue to access virtual programs and services
and contact email@example.com
for information and support.Recreation
The City of Brampton’s fitness facilities will allow increased capacities beginning Monday, October 25. Pre-registration
and proof of vaccination will still be required for all visits. For more information visit brampton.ca/recreationVaccinations
Vaccines are the best way to protect yourself and others. Anyone who lives, works, or attends school in Peel and is 12 years or older can book their first dose appointment. For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccinations, visit the Province’s vaccine portal