BRAMPTON, ON (September 17, 2021) – In line with the Government of Ontario’s regulations and guidance requiring proof of vaccination to enter certain facilities, the City of Brampton will require proof of vaccination to access select City-owned services including recreation, sports, cultural and entertainment facilities as of Wednesday, September 22. Exemptions will be made as per the Government of Ontario’s regulations.
As per Provincial regulation and guidelines, vaccine certifications will be required in indoor areas such as:
· Facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities, including waterparks and personal physical fitness trainers
· Facilities where spectators watch events
· Meeting and event spaces, including conference centres or convention centres
· Concert venues, theatres and cinemas
· Casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments
· Restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments
· Both the indoor and outdoor areas food or drink establishments where dance facilities are provided, including nightclubs, resto-clubs and other similar establishments
Proof of vaccination will not be required in:
· Libraries, court houses or those accessing essential city services like paying tax bills or obtaining building permits
· Children under the age of 18 participating in an organized sport, however spectators including parents and guardians must show proof of vaccination to enter
· Rental spaces used for day camps, child care and social services
· Wedding ceremonies, religious services/rites and funerals (ceremony only)
· Gatherings at private residences
· Outdoor events
Accepted Proof of Vaccination Methods at City Facilities
The following methods of proof of vaccination status will be accepted when visiting a City of Brampton facility, along with one additional piece of personal identification:
1. Proof of immunization vaccine receipt: This can be obtained from the Province’s online COVID-19 Vaccine Portal, or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line at 1.833.943.3900.
2. Ontario enhanced digital vaccine receipt: The Ontario government is introducing this option in October 2021. The digital vaccine receipt can be kept on your mobile phone and easily used to show that you've been vaccinated. More information will be provided regarding this option when it is made available.
Media Relations, City of Brampton