BRAMPTON, ON (June 17, 2021) – The following Brampton Transit schedules will be adjusted to improve service starting June 28, 2021, until further notice to ensure our transit system can efficiently move people around the city:
• 17 Howden: Weekday schedules adjusted
• 23 Sandalwood: Weekday, Saturday and Sunday schedules adjusted and NEW Electric Buses to be featured on this route.
• 115 Pearson Airport Express: Weekday, Saturday and Sunday schedules adjusted
• 200-217 i-Ride school routes and school extra trips on 4/4A, 7/7A, 9, 21, 32 and 57 are cancelled.
Please check route schedules before travelling. Terminal building hours at Bramalea, Brampton Gateway and Downtown Terminals are 6 AM to 9 PM. Trinity Common Terminal remains closed. For Customer Service hours at the terminals, visit www.bramptontransit.com.
Senior ID renewal applications are being accepted online. Visit bramptontranist.com under Fares and complete the renewal application form. Your new Senior ID card will be mailed to you.
We all need to do our part to keep our community safe. Please remember:
• Masks are mandatory at terminals and on board buses, masks should be tightly-fitted and cover your nose, mouth and chin at all times.
• Maintain physical distancing at terminals and at bus stops, even while wearing a mask.
• Carry your own personal disinfectant when travelling, such as hand sanitizer or wipes, and wash your hands often.
• If you are sick, please refrain from riding transit. Be sure to get tested at the nearest COVID-19 assessment site and follow public health instructions.
COVID-19 safety measures
An enhanced cleaning and sanitizing schedule remains in effect. It is Brampton Transit’s goal to disinfect all hard surfaces, operator compartments and seats every 48 hours. The majority of buses are currently sanitized every 24 hours. Facilities and terminals that have hard surfaces are wiped down and sanitized on a daily basis.
With guidance from Peel Public Health, riders are reminded that masks are mandatory on buses and at terminals. The City of Brampton is working closely with its partners at Peel Public Health and the Brampton Emergency Management Office to continue to monitor risks.
Visit www.brampton.ca/COVID19 for regular updates and visit www.bramptontransit.com or follow @bramptontransit on Twitter for service updates. Questions may be directed to Brampton Transit’s Contact Centre at 905.874.2999.
Media Relations, City of Brampton
647.242.4319 | email@example.com