BRAMPTON, ON (April 15, 2021) –The City of Brampton has opened its online training process for vendors who plan to sell fireworks this year.
The training is mandatory and completion of this course is compulsory before vendors can be licensed to sell.
To register for the course, vendors can call the Brampton Fire Prevention division at 905.874.2740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and details of the course will be emailed to the applicant.
Due to health and safety restrictions in place for COVID-19, the training will be delivered in an online format in five easy steps:
- Submit payment for 2021 Fireworks Retailer course and apply for fire inspection
- Watch the Fireworks Retailer Training Video
- Complete the Fireworks Retailer Questionnaire
- Submit licence application and registration fee. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Obtain the 2021 Fireworks Retailer Licence in person from City Hall. Appointments are mandatory before visiting City Hall and can be booked at www.brampton.ca/skiptheline.
The fireworks vendor training covers the types of fireworks allowed for sale, rules for storing, displaying and selling, customer ID requirements and safety guidelines for distribution to buyers.
For vendors with multiple locations, at least one operator from each location is required to complete the course. Vendors must also note the following deadlines to apply for fire inspection:
- Friday, April 30, 2021 for Victoria Day fireworks
- Friday, June 11, 2021 for Canada Day fireworks
- Friday October 15, 2021 for Diwali fireworks
- Friday, December 10, 2021 for New Year’s Eve fireworks
The City of Brampton’s Fireworks By-law allows the sale and personal use of only short-range fireworks (those that tend to fly less than 3 metres or 10 feet when lit) four times a year - Victoria Day, Canada Day, Diwali and New Year’s Eve.
Senior Advisor, Media Relations, City of Brampton
905.874.2143 | firstname.lastname@example.org