BRAMPTON, ON (November 7, 2020) – Today, Brampton as part of the Peel Region, entered the Red-Control Level of the Government of Ontario’s Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework. In addition to the Province’s restrictions, Peel Public Health today introduced stricter measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Government of Ontario Red-Control Level RestrictionsLevel Restrictions
The Province’s Red-Control Level permits indoor dining at a maximum of 10 people per establishment and the continuation of outdoor dining, takeout, drive through and delivery. Limits for social gatherings and organized public events remain at a maximum 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
Read more about Provincial health measures here.
Peel Public Health Enhanced Measures
Effective November 9 at 12:01 am, the following restrictions will be in place in the Region of Peel, including Brampton:
• Social gatherings celebrating holidays and life events in business establishments are not allowed, starting at 12:01 am November 13, 2020.
• Wedding receptions and associated gatherings are not allowed, starting at 12:01 am November 13, until at least January 7, 2021.
• Religious services, rites or ceremonies should be virtual. When not possible, in-person religious events, including weddings and funerals, must:
o Reduce indoor capacity to 30% capacity to a maximum 50 people per facility.
o Seat households and essential supports together, at least 2 metres from other groups.
• Bars, restaurants and other food establishments must restrict seating to people from the same household, or their essential supports. No mixed seating is permitted.
• Workplaces must prohibit all non-essential visitors and make work-from-home options available, as much as possible.
• Gyms and fitness centres must make sure all fitness class participants pre-register and provide accurate contact information to help with contact tracing if there is an exposure. No walk-in participation is allowed.
• Meeting and event spaces, including banquet halls, must close.
• Residents of Peel must restrict their contact to members of their household and essential supports only. Those that live alone may join one designated household.
• Residents of Peel should not visit any other household or allow visitors to their homes or yards, except for emergency reasons, including medical and repairs, renovations or construction, deliveries and one-on-one tutoring. Proper precautions must always be used in these situations, including mask wearing, distancing, hand hygiene, and isolating if sick.
All additional measures have been put in place under the authority of Ontario Regulation 263/20, Rules for Areas in Stage 2, s.2(2) (or as current).
These measures will remain in effect until further notice, except where noted, and will be re-evaluated every 14 days by Peel Public Health as the pandemic picture evolves.
Read more about these changes here.
Effective today (November 7, 2020), select City of Brampton recreation facilities will be reintroducing use of fitness cardio and weight areas at select locations by appointment only. Group fitness classes remain suspended at this time. Residents can view reservation timeslots and schedule their visit at www.brampton.ca/recreation. Alternatively, residents may book a reservation by calling 311.
Mandatory Face Coverings
Under the Mandatory Face Coverings By-law, non-medical masks or face coverings are required in all indoor public spaces in Brampton. Public establishments and businesses are required to ensure that masks or face coverings are worn in indoor public spaces under their control.
The by-law exempts certain individuals, including those who cannot wear a mask or facial covering due to medical reasons; children under the age of two; individuals engaged in an athletic activity in accordance with the Emergency Orders. For more information, visit: www.brampton.ca/masks
Residents and businesses can call 311 to report non-compliance.
COVID-19 Test and Testing Location Information
All Testing Locations
Individuals can seek testing at locations across Peel including pharmacies, assessment centres and additional clinics. All testing is now by appointment only. Booking is required over the phone, online, or in person. Contact the assessment centre or pharmacy to book your test.
For a list of COVID-19 testing locations in Peel and Brampton, visit the Province’s website.
William Osler Health System (Osler) Testing in Brampton
Osler’s COVID-19 Testing Centre at South Fletcher’s Sportsplex
Osler offers online and phone booking to anyone who is eligible to receive a COVID-19 test. Osler’s COVID-19 Testing Centre in Brampton at South Fletcher’s Sportsplex is open from 8 am to 6 pm daily, and appointments are booked based on availability.
To book a test at Osler’s COVID-19 Testing Centre, choose one of the options below.
• Online: visit www.williamoslerhs.ca/coronavirus
• Phone: call 905.487.1249
8:00 am and 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
Osler’s COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic at Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness
Osler’s COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic continues to see patients who meet the COVID-19 testing criteria, as well as those who have symptoms and want to see a doctor, on a walk-in basis
The Clinic has recently expanded its hours of operation and is now open daily, from 8 am to 9 pm. No appointment is needed.
For more information on Brampton’s Drive-Thru Testing Centre and COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic at Peel Memorial Centre visit www.williamoslerhs.ca/coronavirus
Additional Testing Centres
These sites prioritize testing for residents who live near each clinic location.
Snelgrove Community Centre
11692 Hurontario Street
Brampton, ON L7A 1K5
Hours: Tuesdays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm.
Call 905.796.0040 extension 2122 to book your appointment from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Gore Meadows Community Centre
10150 The Gore Road
Brampton, ON L6P 0A6
Hours: Tuesday to Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm.
Book an appointment online or call 647.374.4676
For more information, click here.
Media Relations, City of Brampton
905.874.3654 | email@example.com