BRAMPTON, ON (January 16, 2020) – With extreme cold temperatures and snowfall in the weekend forecast for Brampton, the City reminds residents that being winter-ready is a team effort and with everyone’s help, this season can be safer for all.
• Crews aim to have all roads, sidewalks, transit stops, crosswalks and recreational trails maintained within 24 hours after the end of a snowfall.
• Last year, Council approved enhancements to Brampton's winter operations, including increasing service levels on local roads from 7.5 cm accumulation to 5.0 cm, meaning crews will dispatch sooner during a winter weather event.
• See what roads and sidewalks crews have cleared using the City’s newly launched Plow Tracker on www.brampton.ca/snow.
Clearing may take longer if weather is extreme. We appreciate our residents’ cooperation and patience during these conditions.
Reminders for Residents
• Clear sidewalks of ice, snow, and slush by 11 am the day after snowfall.
• Parking on streets is not permitted and will be enforced during winter weather events. Please move vehicles to ensure plows and emergency vehicles can safely pass by.
• Even if you have a street parking permit, it is not valid during a snowfall.
• Don’t let your vehicle block the sidewalk or overhang on the street. Move your car to your driveway or park horizontally in the area between your sidewalk and the roadway, if available.
• If more than 24 hours has passed since the end of snowfall and your street still requires attention, let the City know by contacting 311 by phone or online at www.311brampton.ca.
• Snow removal financial assistance is available to eligible seniors and residents living with disabilities. Learn more: http://ow.ly/D2R050xgPq2
• During extreme cold weather, take extra safety precautions if going outside. For a full list of tips, visit: http://ow.ly/sXzo50xXv7B
For schedule updates on registered classes and drop-in programs, please contact your local recreation centre or visit www.brampton.ca/recreation
For updates on Gage Park Skating Trail, Chinguacousy Skating Trail, Gore Meadows Skating Rink and Mount Pleasant Outdoor Skating Rink, visit www.brampton.ca/skating
During a winter event, some Brampton Transit routes may be affected due to weather conditions. Please give yourself extra travel time. For updates, follow @BramptonTransit on Twitter or call 905.874.2999.
Snow Clearing Updates and Information
• Visit www.brampton.ca/snow or follow the City of Brampton on Twitter and Facebook for snow clearing updates
• Visit www.brampton.ca/prepared for winter safety tips
• Contact 311 by phone, email, or on the new Brampton 311 mobile app (available in on Google Play and the App Store) and website for urgent situations regarding winter operations
Senior Advisor, Public Relations, City of Brampton
firstname.lastname@example.org | 905.874.3654