BRAMPTON, ON (January 27, 2021) –The City of Brampton has been recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers 2021, a list of the 300 top employers in Canada.
This is the third year in a row the City has ranked on the Forbes list. This year, the City ranked 58th out of 300.
Forbes partnered with market research company Statista to identify the companies liked best by employees in the annual ranking of Canada’s best employers.
Forbes and Statista selected the Canada’s Best Employers 2021 through an independent survey applied to a vast sample of more than 8,000 Canadian employees working for companies with more than 500 employees in Canada. The evaluation was based on direct and indirect recommendations from employees that were asked to rate their willingness to recommend their own employers to friends and family. Employee evaluations also included other employers in their respective industries that stood out either positively or negatively.
- In November 2019, the City of Brampton created a five-year Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Work Plan. It sets out opportunities to foster a more inclusive organizational culture that engages, develops and celebrates its people, and attracts a diverse workforce.
- In December, the City announced that it is laying the foundations of an Equity Office to serve its employees and citizens. The Equity Office will focus on identifying and removing barriers in the workplace and community regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, disability, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, same sex partnership, age, marital status, family status, immigrant status, receipt of public assistance, political affiliation, religious affiliation, level of literacy, language and/or socio-economic status.
“The City of Brampton is a Well-Run City, and our employees are dedicated to building a community for our residents that is safe, sustainable and successful. We are proud to be recognized by Forbes, for the third year in a row, as one of Canada’s Best Employers. We continue to be an employer of choice for our staff, former and present.”
- Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
“Brampton is a Mosaic, and at the City we are continuing to grow a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Through such initiatives as our Workplace Diversity and
Inclusion Strategy and Work Plan and the Equity Office, we are working to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all individuals, and a harmonious environment for City staff.”
- Harkirat Singh, Chair, Corporate Services; City Councillor, Wards 9 & 10, City of Brampton
“The City continues to take steps to remove barriers in the workplace so that it is fair and equitable for all. We are dedicated to creating opportunities for our employees, who are so passionate about serving our residents, and building an inclusive and engaging workplace culture. We are proud to again be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers.”
- Rowena Santos, Regional Councillor Wards 1&5, Vice-Chair, Corporate Services, City of Brampton
“To be recognized by Forbes for the third consecutive year as one of Canada’s Best Employers by our employees exemplifies the City’s passion to foster an inclusive culture that engages, develops and celebrates our people attracting a diverse workforce. I’d like to recognize our employees, their confidence and contributions in our organization; who are continually dedicated to delivering results for Bramptonians and energized by the diverse community we serve.”
- David Barrick, Chief Administrative Officer, City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 650,000 people and 70,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca
Senior Advisor, Media Relations, City of Brampton
905.874.2143 | email@example.com